BQ A4.5 - software update problem

• Hi everyone I need some help please.

My mobile was running a software update and then suddenly it stopped. Now it says "the encryption was interrupted. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer acessible".... Basically They tell me to reboto my phone and therefore loosing everything on it.
    Has this happened to any of you? Is there a way I can go back to the previous software version and not loosing everything?
    Thank you all.
    Ica

• MVP

Hi ICA
    Could you please tell us your device model and firmware version?

Regards

• it's a BQ Aquarius A4.5
    Regarding firmware version, I believe Android 5.1 Lollipop.

thank you

• MVP

The Aquaris A4.5 has recently received the Android version 7.0. In any case, if during the update something went wrong with the encryption process I think you have no option to recover any files from the internal memory of your phone.
    If you want to reinstall the previous version the only way to do it is making a hard reset using the SP Flash Tool. Here you are a link with the instructions to do it:
    http://www.mibqyyo.com/articulos/2014/06/04/hard-reset-smartphone-gama-aquaris-e/

And here you are the link to the download page for your device:
    https://www.bq.com/es/support/aquaris-a4-5/support-sheet?ssess=59d4ceaea91fd&sorigin=productList

Regards

• Thank you so much for your help.
    Much appreciated.

Regards

• That happened to me with an update some time ago because I had no patience and I rebooted the phone before waiting for it to restart (it lasted about 20 min on the android rotating icons above black wallpaper). Did you do something like that or it just stopped without any reason?

I couldn't find any way to recover any of the files I had on the phone, so I think you won't be able to recover anything too.

By the way, it's always said that you should make a backup of the phone before doing any update, because these things happens xD be sure to do it next time you update your system, or at least keep doing small backups of photos, videos, etc... every few months (this is what I usually do).

Good luck!

• MVP

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards

You're welcome 😉