Can't browse in big websites

• @matteo0026

Hi matteo

I, just out of curiosity, tried both your indicated websites on my x2pro. I do encounter the same problem. On my opinion (had this error on a few pages before) this problem is not caused by your phone or the browser, but by the page itself (loading plugins, sql related list lags, server lags on side of the page owner, failing handshakes, ...).

I would suggest you try both pages on a computer if possible. I think these pages are maybe overloaded with content. Maybe it's also a blockage of any part of the page by your router or even internet provider (firewalls and censure, you never know...)

Greets!

• @easyisi hi, thanks for partecipating into this thread.

I don't have any content block, no firewall, nothing. I asked to many people with different devices to try to load the CAF website. Some devices have my problem, other not. Even another user with aquaris x pro tried to do that and didn't have my problem. I had problems to use even pages as del.dog with hundreds (~700) of lines pasted there. Or long commits on GitHub, the same issue. 

I don't know. I have the same problem with mobile data (Vodafone) and with WiFi (TIM).

To be more precise, I live in Italy.

Edit: it seems the situation is better with Firefox. So, the problem could come from chromium-based browsers.

• Wow, those sites really are a pain in the *** to navigate in, it's very annoying to search for things in an almost infinite list of things, and inefficient. These pages should show like 50 rows and then create a jump number to a next page.

Anyways, I've tried both and they work perfectly fine in my Aquaris X Pro. I'm using latest build 2.10.0, tried it in Chrome Beta 79.0.3945.45, but I'm sure it will work fine in any browser I try. There must be something wrong either with your smartphone or the app you're browsing with.

It's not a RAM problem, because I loaded both sites in Chrome BETA and I only got a 400MB increase in RAM, from 1.6GB to 2.0GB (I have the 4GB of RAM X Pro). It's not that these websites are bad and eat 1 or 2 GB of RAM. Also, those 400MB could be other things in Chrome, I had opened 16 tabs.

It's neither a CPU or GPU problem because we have the same ones and I don't experience that.

If nothing works, I would simply do a Hard Reset with the latest build 2.10.0, and directly try the websites. If it still happens: SAT.

• @pablom5 thanks for the feedback. It seems the experience is a lot better with Firefox. In that case, I can browse well, not in a very fast way, but acceptable. With Chrome Beta, I still have problems.

• @matteo0026 dijo:

@pablom5 thanks for the feedback. It seems the experience is a lot better with Firefox. In that case, I can browse well, not in a very fast way, but acceptable. With Chrome Beta, I still have problems.

Well, you shouldn't have problems. Something's wrong, definitely, and I don't know what can be wrong. If it's too complicated, I'd do a hard reset and forget about it.

• @pablom5 hard reset, hard reset, just hard reset. That can't be a solution always! It's since 3 months I'm having this problem, and I did 2-3 times an hard reset, with reflash of firmware too. I won't do another hard reset.

• Ummm... yeah?
    Hard reset is the perfect solution when you've already tried everything and nothing works. Hard reset is the perfect solution because you make sure that your X Pro is "standard", and if you have any problem as "standard", that's it, your smartphone is beyond your fixes and it must be sent to SAT.

Do you want to try and waste hours and hours? Go ahead, but it's quite dumb. If the problem is complex and has no sense, as in your case, I'd would do a Hard Reset, check again. If it doesn't fail, there was something wrong before, if it does, then congratulations, there was nothing for you to fix, you X Pro was defective. It's as simple as it gets, any other workaround is just silly.

You say you've been like this for 3 months, still haven't fixed it, if that's not a proof that you need to stop trying yo fix it, do a HR and rule out a defective unit, then you don't know much about technology and when to or not to try to fix things yourself.

• @pablom5 I'm not a lot interested to fix this issue because I can see the CAF tags on Telegram and CPU site I can browse on Firefox. After, a new update probably is coming and when we'll go to official Pie, I'll move to custom ROM based on Android 10.

I don't want to ship my phone to SAT because it's just a disconfort for me. I had a bad experience with SAT yet (of another brand, but the same, I have to wait at least 2 weeks). And this isn't a bad problem as dead phone, can't use anymore or something like that. And every repair that would be done isn't free because I'm out of warranty yet. So, I think we can close this thread and go on.

Sorry if my thought is just on this way, but if it was something fixable with some fast actions and some troubleshooting, ok, otherwise... It isn't important.

• Oh, you are out of warranty, I didn't know that. Then, again, I would simply lose 1 day backing up and doing a Hard Reset, install Chrome and check if it still happens. If it still happens, you know you have a defective unit, which is really weird since it's a very specific problem. If it doesn't happen, you did something wrong before, you touched something, I don't know what you do with you X Pro to have this very specific error. What I know and you know is that Chrome totally handles those sites you shared without lagging at all.
    One day lost is better that having to deal with a problem that clearly bugs you, having wasted already a lot of time trying to fix it without success.

• @pablom5 I'll do a factory reset, so. That's quite strange, I think this isn't a problem of the phone physically because I don't have any other problem, except the touchscreen while charging (known issue). But this problems occurs while phone isn't charging too.

• @matteo0026 matteo0026

Hey, me again

I just rechecked your named pages. I still do have the same problem. So I checked those pages' performances with different tools (one of those: Google page speed insight). According to the Google speed test results of, both pages do perform quite bad on mobile phones (<20 out of 100 points on average) as they thave have quite long loading and response times. Desktop ratings are way better (about 60 out of 100 points).

In my humble opinion, resetting your phone does not solve any problem, as those are on the page's side. Maybe the traffic load (by individuals, bots, servers,...) is so high the page can't stand it?

My advise: forget this lag, use a computer to access these pages and contact the pages-admins to fix this problem by for example reducing the list size and splitting it up into several pages.

@pabloM5  I can only think of you not having problems when testing the page as for it maybe not having lots of traffic during your test.

• @easyisi dijo:

@matteo0026 matteo0026
    Hey, me again
    I just rechecked your named pages. I still do have the same problem. So I checked those pages' performances with different tools (one of those: Google page speed insight). According to the Google speed test results of, both pages do perform quite bad on mobile phones (<20 out of 100 points on average) as they thave have quite long loading and response times. Desktop ratings are way better (about 60 out of 100 points).
    In my humble opinion, resetting your phone does not solve any problem, as those are on the page's side. Maybe the traffic load (by individuals, bots, servers,...) is so high the page can't stand it?
    My advise: forget this lag, use a computer to access these pages and contact the pages-admins to fix this problem by for example reducing the list size and splitting it up into several pages.
    @pabloM5  I can only think of you not having problems when testing the page as for it maybe not having lots of traffic during your test.

Yes, it is a weird problem if everything else in your smartphone is working nice AND you haven't messed up advanced settings or I don't know what and where.

No, I checked the pages, both, twice, one day by the morning when I first saw this thread, and later that day in the evening. They were not lagging, crashing or anything, simply took a few seconds to load the full list. I only tried Chrome BETA, but that's enough, he said his Chrome could not handle it fluently, so there's our problem: in my X Pro, it totally can, so the X Pro can handle it without problems. He tried different browsers to discard browser specific problems, same result. This situation is screaming HARD RESET because it has no sense or logic solution. Anyways, I'm gonna test those sites with a lot of browsers:

EDIT:

Opera, Chrome BETA and Edge, about 10 seconds to fully load the bar, scrolling smooth, nothing laggy or broken or crashing.

Firefox, about 15 seconds to load fully the bar, scrolling smooth, nothing laggy or broken or crashing.

I've tested it 3 times now, once today, 2 times the first day I read this post. Very hardly believe has anything to do with me connecting just in the perfect moment of the day, and you both always connecting in the worst scenario possible. Again, to weird impossible to solve problems, Hard Reset. That will tell you everything you need to know.