GPS too long to fix

• Hi guys,

Since the android 9 update, my GPS is taking a very long time to fix, best is 3min, average is 10-15min. When the device was running android 8 I didn't have any problems, it was extremely fast like 30s.

Is there something to do ? It is very unconvenient to use it in such situation ­čś×

Cheers

• MVP

Hello @Papier
    Does the problem appears when you try to use any application, or just with one specific application?

Best regards

• Hi Willyfog,

It happens with any application, Waze, OsmAnd, GPS Data (to see the satellites).
    It can be pretty long especially when I start the GPS while driving which is normal, but 10min even when driving doesn't look normal :s

• MVP

@papier dijo:

Hi Willyfog, It happens with any application, Waze, OsmAnd, GPS Data (to see the satellites). It can be pretty long especially when I start the GPS while driving which is normal, but 10min even when driving doesn't look normal :s

Take a look at this screenshot:

As you can see my fix time is 7 seconds, and I'm inside a building. Review your operator's APN and ensure that the APN type field contains the "supl" setting. If not, add it like this example: default,supl

Cheers

• Ok I will try few times during the next days and will keep the topic updated

• Here are the results, I have tried each day once or twice. It fixed within 10s every day except once where it took more than 20min (then I arrived at my destination so i turned off the gps).
    It feels like if it take more than 2-3min then it is likely going to never fix.
    I keep trying

• MVP

Ok, keep us up to date please.

Cheers