Offset is always different

• Hi,

I am having inconsistent offset while using my BQ Witbox 2. Every time I start a print, I have to adjust the offset a few times until I get good nozzle distance to the printing bed in order to get a good first layer adhesion. 

If I adjust the Z offset, usually when I start the print, the nozzle is way too far from the printing bed. When I adjust the offset again, the nozzle is nowhere near where it was in the last offset. So i have to adjust it again. I usually have to do this 3 or 4 times until I get a good bed adhesion.  

When a successful print, If I start a new print immediately, I usually have to adjust the offset again. 

I have already checked if there is something loose, but everything seems ok. Could it be a problem with the inductive sensor? Any way to diagnose this?

Also, if there are some PLA residues near the nozzle, can they influence the sensor? 

Don't know if it's important, but I am using firmware 3.0.0 and I removed the magnets as described in the documentation.

• Administrador

Hi @skhell.

We recommed to have installed firmware 2.5.1 due to in 3.0 we detected inductive sensor lecture variations.

I sent you an email to send me pictures and videos and see what happens.

Regards.