Firmware update 2.2.0 Marshmallow 6.0 for BQ Aquaris M4.5

• BQ support
    BQ support
    Moderator  (248)
    We have just published update 2.2.0 for your BQ Aquaris M4.5. This update will be delivered to your device OTA, so your device will ask you to download and install it when connected to the internet.

It contains the following improvements and fixes:

• This update requires 1.8GB of free internal storage. Ensure there is sufficient space before downloading.
    • Android security patch level: June 2017
    • System improvements

If you would like to download and install the update manually, please click on the following link:

To install the update manually you would need to do a hard reset, we do remind you to backup any data that you might have on the device( if you need help, please read this article on how to backup data). To show you how to do a hard reset  please follow the instructions from this article.

NB: If you have altered your device's original firmware (rooting, recovery, deletion of system applications...) the update process might present you with some problems. Our advice is that you update your handset only after making sure that it has been previously returned to its original state.
  • 5 Commentssorted by
  • Hi there,

I was so happy this morning because for the first time in my phone's life you managed to deliver a firmware update OTA.
    But then this: My phone keeps rebooting every 5 to 10 minutes.
    Any suggestion?
  • Hi there,

I'm sorry, but this release was the worst think happens to my phone. 
    Almost all app don't work because permissions issues. 
    The battery go out in 3 hours.
    Sometimes after turn off the LCD no more wake up.

I will like to know how downgrade to old firmware, because the last, turn my phone to a Stone!!!!

• I will like to know how downgrade to old firmware, because the last, turn my phone to a Stone!!!!

how-to and tools:

https://www.skyneel.com/unbrick-bq-aquaris-m4-5-stock-rom-v1

firmware (and tools):

https://www.bq.com/en/support/aquaris-m4-5/support-sheet

never tried it though, Im happy with rooted 5.1 (fw1.4)

• @mt12345
    How did you root your M4.5?