Update 2.0.0 Nougat for BQ Aquaris X5 Plus

• BQ support
    BQ support
    Moderator  (250)
    We have released update 2.0.0 for your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus. This update will take place OTA, meaning you will be asked to download and install it when your device is connected to the internet.

The following is a complete list of the improvements and fixes:

• Android 7.1.1 Nougat 
    • IMPORTANT: A new home screen will replace the current one, restoring default settings
    • Once updated, you will receive a welcome message from which you can discover the new system features

If you wish, you may install the update manually by downloading the BQ Firmware Flash Tool from the following link:

Before carrying out the manual installation through the hard-reset method, please remember to back up your data since this process will delete it all. If you need help, see this article.

NB:
    • If you have altered your device's original firmware (rooting, recovery, deletion of system applications...) the update process might present you with some problems. Our advice is that you update your handset only after making sure that it has been previously returned to its original state.
    • Those users who have an SD card configured as internal memory will have to wait a while after installing the update to be able to see all the installed apps as available. Reading data from an external SD takes longer than reading from internal memory.
    • Devices that do not have the 1.6.0 version will need approximately 3.6GB of free memory to be able to install the update.
  • 17 Commentssorted by
  • Can you answer my question at the following thread, http://www.mibqyyo.com/comunidad/discussion/93422/android-pay-nfc-problem/p1

Thanks
  • We have released update 2.0.0 for your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus. This update will take place OTA, meaning you will be asked to download and install it when your device is connected to the internet.

The following is a complete list of the improvements and fixes:

• Android 7.1.1 Nougat 
    • IMPORTANT: A new home screen will replace the current one, restoring default settings
    • Once updated, you will receive a welcome message from which you can discover the new system features

If you wish, you may install the update manually by downloading the BQ Firmware Flash Tool from the following link:

Before carrying out the manual installation through the hard-reset method, please remember to back up your data since this process will delete it all. If you need help, see this article.

NB:
    • If you have altered your device's original firmware (rooting, recovery, deletion of system applications...) the update process might present you with some problems. Our advice is that you update your handset only after making sure that it has been previously returned to its original state.
    • Those users who have an SD card configured as internal memory will have to wait a while after installing the update to be able to see all the installed apps as available. Reading data from an external SD takes longer than reading from internal memory.
    • Devices that do not have the 1.6.0 version will need approximately 3.6GB of free memory to be able to install the update.

Can no longer record phone calls with this update, please reinstate that feature!

• I tried to manually update to ver.2 using the version downloaded from this site.After loading all the files phone tried to reboot and could not turn on again.
    Now only led blinkin red if connected to charger/data cable and cannot turn it on. Not possible to turn it to Fastboot also.
    Anyone ha an idea how can i reoslve?
    My phone is bricked now.
    Thanks
  • thetox
    thetox
    Member  (105)
    bozhinov dijo:
    I tried to manually update to ver.2 using the version downloaded from this site.After loading all the files phone tried to reboot and could not turn on again.
    Now only led blinkin red if connected to charger/data cable and cannot turn it on. Not possible to turn it to Fastboot also.
    My phone is bricked now.
    Thanks

Use Hard reset tool to flash your device to factory 
  • thetox
    thetox
    Member  (105)
    Skeese dijo:

Can no longer record phone calls with this update, please reinstate that feature!

The phone has been replaced with google phone App which can't be modified by Bq and doesn't have calle recording option 

But it have much more options that aosp phone app doesn't have like spam detection and search for nearby places

Greeting
    The Tox.
  • thetox dijo:
    bozhinov dijo:
    I tried to manually update to ver.2 using the version downloaded from this site.After loading all the files phone tried to reboot and could not turn on again.
    My phone is bricked now.
    Thanks

Use Hard reset tool to flash your device to factory 

Thanks for the reply, but how to use hard reset if my phone can not go to recovery mode or fastboot mode. Trying with vol.- and power key does nothinig. Is there another way to switch it to recovery or fastboot?
  • thetox
    thetox
    Member  (105)
    Did you install Hard reset tool ? Ir so adb would be installed too and Fastboot 

Connect your phone to pc,  from cmd or linux terminal tyoe
    Adb reboot recovery
    Or
    fastboot reboot recovery

• I tried to manually update to ver.2 using the version downloaded from this site.After loading all the files phone tried to reboot and could not turn on again.
    my phone is just a showpiece now help me plz..i think my bootloader is damaged
  • sir i need emmc boot file for my bq x5 plus..plz contact with me..my phone is bricked
  • vlt2
    vlt2
    Member  (9)
    I am having exactly the same problem as Bozhinov. The thing is completely bricked as far as I can tell.

Plugging into a power source causes the LED to blink red but that's it. The phone is not booting at all, not even into recovery.

I have tried the usual power + volume button combinations to no avail. Looks like a proper bricking.

bozhinov dijo:

• After upgrading (ota upgrade) everything look ok except de double tap wake (Double tap on lock screen ON makes the screen OFF as expected)
    Anyone have this problem?

Tks

SOLVED - enter recovery mode and wiped cache and now worked ok :)
  • hi sir, i was intalling nougat 7 update manually from laptop..my fone was in fastboot mode and bootloader was unlocked..when the  process complete..my fone screen goes black and wont on again.when i plug in usb cable via laptop or charger it just blink constantly red lite..and do nohting even no button works for me..wat happened to my fone? its dead?plz private me and solve my problm this is my mail mimyamo@gmail.com thanks  :(( :-S
  • MGuijarro
    MGuijarro
    Administrator  (6634)
    Hi, @bozhinov @vlt2

Do you resolved the issue? If you don't please contact with support trough the following web form: https://www.bq.com/en/support/.

@Ricardocclourenco Good news! ;)

@mimyamo I've answered you over here.

Regards, 
    M. Guijarro
    Experiencia de usuario BQ.

Formulario-de-soporte.png
  • After the upgrade, the SIM cards are detected but it says that there is no service, could you please help me how to fix it.

Thanks
  • MGuijarro
    MGuijarro
    Administrator  (6634)
    Hi @fairyheritiana 

Have you tried with another SIM on your device (better if they are of a different company)?

Check if your device still have the IMEI number. You can look for it on Settings - About phone - Status - IMEI information.

Regards, 
    M. Guijarro
    Experiencia de usuario BQ.

Formulario-de-soporte.png
  • My wife and I are both having issues after the latest Nougat upgrade. Hers seems to be bricked like others here, with the red light but nothing else.

Mine refuses to recognize SD cards for internal storage. I've waited, tried 3 different cards (16gb, 32gb & 64gb),  and tried reformating on 2. They're only usable as portable storage.

Anything I can do to fix either issue?
  • I can't turn on WiFi teathering after the update, in settings it just says 'Error' underneath the menu option after trying to turn it on. It has not be resolved by the subsequent OTA updates.