Proximity sensor bug?

• Hi,

I have an Aquaris X5 Plus and I'm having a strange behaviour with calls.
     During a call the screen goes black and doesn't turn on. I even try to press the power button but nothing happens, until the other party hangs up.

I believe there is a proximity sensor issue as I see other people reporting this issue for X5:
     http://www.mibqyyo.com/comunidad/discussion/67626/proximity-sensor-doesnt-work-correctly/p1

I tried the sensor box but the behaviour of the sensor seems very binary. It goes from 0 to 5 and behaves like it either detects or it doesnt.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Kind Regards,
     JS
  • 9 Answerssorted by
  • Update: I have removed the original screen protector and did a couple of resets.
    This does seem related to the proximity sensor.
    Today during a call it happened the same and i passed my finger several times on top of the sensor and the screen came back to life.

Anyone with the same problem?
  • Same problem here. No solution yet. Really bad at business calls. I have to shut down the phone by pressing ON/OFF for about 10-20 seconds. FIX IT!
  • You can go to accessibility -> power button ends calls.
    This kind of helps.
    There is an ongoing discussion on the spanish version forum but really no fixes. 
    I agree this is really bad :-/
  • Hi, 

my wife and I have two Aquarius X 5 plus with the same problem. Get a call or start a call the screen goes black and the only way to get it back on is to somehow end the call. Until now we had to hope the other side ends the call or forcefully reboot the phone (Power button press for 10 to 20 seconds). We will see how the fix "power button ends call" will work. 

It would be nice to hear from a bq member what the plan for solving this bug is. 

Both phones are on the last patch level. 
  • jsea
    jsea
    Member  (15)
    Hi! What is your status on this issue?
    Formating / erasing / clearing cache / reinstalling firmware has done nothing to solve it.
    Its a very annoying problem that renders the phone almost useless for calls.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • jsea dijo:
    Update: I have removed the original screen protector and did a couple of resets.
    Today during a call it happened the same and i passed my finger several times on top of the sensor and the screen came back to life.

Yes! Same problem here...

• MGuijarro
    MGuijarro
    Administrator  (7624)
    Hi, 

In order to help all of you solve the issue of your device, I suggest you to contact with support trough the following web form: https://www.bq.com/en/support/

Regards.
    M. Guijarro
    Experiencia de usuario BQ.

Formulario-de-soporte.png
  • jsea dijo:
    Update: I have removed the original screen protector and did a couple of resets.

Yes! Same problem here...

• Hi @Velmabequ

For try to resolve your issue, you can calibrate the proximity sensor following this steps: 

Please check the screen is clean and take off any protector. After that, please open the Phone Call's app and dial *#87#

Is going to appear a new menu on the screen. Please, tap on "Hand Test - Proximity Calibration" 

Before calibrate the mobile device, put it on vertical position and tilting it at 45º. After that, tap on "Start Calibre" bottom and tilt vertically.

Once upon the sensor was calibrated a "Success" word in green going to appear on the screen. After that, tap on "OK" and "Exit". For go out from the menu, you have to press the central tactile bottom on the phone 

Regards. 
    G. De Almeida
    Suporte técnico BQ

Vias de suporte oficial:           Formulario-de-soporte_portugal.png