Firmware update 2.1.0 for your bq Aquaris E4.5

• We have just released firmware update 2.1.0 for your bq Aquaris E4.5. This firmware will be sent as an OTA update. Your handset will request you to accept the download and installation when it is connected to the Internet.

The list of fixes and improvements is as follows:

• Improved battery management.
    • The random malfunction that prevented for the Wi-Fi function to be enabled or disabled has been resolved.
    • The bug that affected SMS function in Portugal has been resolved.

If you wish, you may install the update manually by downloading the files for your device right from the following link:

Before carrying out the manual installation through the hard-reset method, please remember to back up your data since this process will delete it all. Please check out the installation guide if you need help with the installation process.

Please note that if you have altered BQ's original firmware for your device (rooting, recovery, deletion of system applications...) the update process might present you with some problems. Our advice is that you update your handset only after making sure that it has been returned to its original state.
  • 3 Commentssorted by
  • Hello,

I have upgraded my Aquaris E4.5 with Android 5.0 (kernel 3.10.54) to firmware 2.1.0_20151104-1830 and after the upgrade I have lost my sim cards. I can't access to sim cards from settings.

How can I reverse the update? or how can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
  • CWhite
    CWhite
    Moderator  (104)
    Hi there, @gabcz!

Thank you for your post and welcome to MyBQ Community Forum.

We are aware of this issue that is taking place after performing the latest OTA update. We advise to reset your device to factory settings in order to resolve it. 

Please, make sure that you back up your data first, as this will erase all your user files and settings. For further information about backing up your data you can check the following article: 

To factory reset your device, head to Settings> Backup & Reset, disable the Backup and Restore options and select Factory data reset.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Regards,
    C. White
    BQ Technical Support

Official Support Channels:       Phone Assistance Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00        Formulario-de-soporte_inglaterra.png
  • ner0
    ner0
    Member  (47)