2 issues with firmware 4.8.2 (SMS and Storage Access Framework)

• Dear all,

Since the update from 4.8.0 to 4.8.2 (Marshmallow 6.0.1), I'm facing these 2 annoying troubles:
    - No more choice for the SIM card to use for sending SMS
    We can still select "ASK EVERY TIME" for Call, but not for SMS, which was possible in 4.8.1. The stock app doesn't allow anymore to select the SIM card (long pressure).

Is it a bug or a "new feature" of Android ?

- Size of 0B for pictures taken by OpenCamera when accessing by USB
    The destination folder is on the SD card (standalone mode). Open Camera (up to date) is set up to store the pictures in a subfolder of DCIM with "Storage Access Framework" activated. The files are correct and can be accessed by the local tools (file explorer, Galery, QuickPic, ...). However, when accessing this folder via USB (Windows 10), the pictures have a size of 0B. If I copy/move the pictures with a file explorer app to a different folder, Windows 10 is correctly detecting the size and can access the files.

If I switch off the "Storage Access Framework" option, OpenCamera cannot use the SD card as storage device (no right to write).

If I configure OpenCamera to use the internal storage, everything is working fine.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see what :(

Any idea welcome !
  • 1 Commentsorted by
  • Adak17
    Adak17
    Member  (12)
    A great website with interesting material  Anise